Who we are
Shane Ward is a regenerative land use & soil health advisor, speaker, teacher and communicator passionate about sustainable food production, ecosystem restoration, plant & soil ecology as well as designing closed-loop systems. Shane brings an international perspective, scientific rigour and pragmatic approach to his work - drawing on innovations from both on-the-ground practitioners and scientific research.
In addition to his advisory work, Shane also enjoys teaching and speaking engagements both locally and abroad, and (when time permits) getting his hands dirty and developing / experimenting-on his own small property. In future he looks forward to bringing his expertise to international development work, sustainable food-system design and large-scale land regeneration based on ecological principles.
In previous careers, Shane has also worked at a senior level in large FTSE100 organisations as a communications specialist in the financial, banking, insurance, property and energy sectors in addition to many years working in Film & Television in creative, technical and business/project management roles.
Education, training & Memberships
- Soil Food Web (Soil ecology : "Life in the Soil", thermal & vermi composting, compost extract/tea and soil assessment / microscopy courses - all completed with distinction) with Dr Elaine Ingham
- Regrarians - Trained in using the Regrarians Platform® (REX online Farm Planning Program) with Darren Doherty & Regrarians team
- Agroforestry Research Trust - Forest Gardening (design & management) with Martin Crawford
- Permaculture Research Institute PDC (Permaculture Design Certificate) with Geoff Lawton & Bill Mollison
- BSc Monash University - Ecology and conservation biology major / Plant science & Geographical Science minors (ongoing)
- Lancaster University - Introduction to Soils (Futurelearn)
- Stockholm Environment Institute - Sustainable Food Systems in South East Asia (Futurelearn)
- Member of the New Zealand Ecological Society